Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ruler Necklace Teacher Gift

 I am loving the way our teacher gifts turned out so I had to share even though it's a little late. I saw something similar on Pinterest and had to make it my own. 


 We thought a little apple charm would be kinda cute but couldn't find any so my genius Mom suggested we make them out of Sculpey and they turned out soooo cute! I will do a separate post on sculpey charms cuz we will for sure be making more.

 
 I bought my ruler and chain at Wal Mart for cheap...under a dollar for both. And used a hand saw to cut them into one inch sections. I stained mine with a light stain just to make the wood grain stand out a little more, then attached the metal loop to the top with super glue.  I had these on hand but you can find them at most craft stores or you could drill a hole.

I attached a little note on the back with mod podge and then gave the whole thing a couple coats to make it shine a little.  For the apples a little spritz of clear gloss spray paint gave them a shine as well.  These were fun to make and hopefully our teachers enjoy them too!


01 02