Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Diy Downeast Tank

My Latest Creation


 I made my pattern from one of my favorite Downeast tanks, if you don't have one a regular tank top will work. Fold the tank top in half exposing the back and trace, fold in half the other way and trace the front, this neckline should be lower. 

Trace

Cut out


 Pin on fabric, (I recommend a stretchy knit fabric)  making sure the side of your pattern where your shirt was folded is on the fold of your fabric and cut.

 Pin both pieces right sides together and sew the shoulder and side seams, I used a stretchy stitch for this.

Cut a 1 1/4" strip of fabric long enough to sew around both sleeves and neck.  Fold in half the long way and sew right sides together creating a  tube, do this for each strip.  You should now have three tubes, fold the tubes in half the short way and sew around each sleeve and neck, this will give it a nice finished edge. 
 This sounds confusing but it's really not, feel free to email me with any questions.

Strip of fabric sewn together and folded in half.

Finished Sleeve


Now cut a bunch of 3/4 inch strips for your flowers roll into whatever kind of flower you fancy and sew onto shirt. I got lazy and hot glued mine, I will tack it down in a few places and hopefully it will hold up through the wash, I would recommend sewing them on.
(Don't forget to hem the bottom like I did, I will have to do that some time.)



01 02